Monday, August 25, 2008

Babes for Obama

 It started one day last spring while driving Aria home from school. She and I were talking about the state of Washington and how some of her cousins lived there when she said, "Hey Mom, George Washington was our first president." "That's right" I replied very impressed that my 4-year-old knew such facts. She continued, "..and George Bush is our president now. And, Barack Obama is our next president." Now, I'm reeaallly impressed.
 Fast forward to today. While driving in the car Michelle Obama is being interviewed on NPR about her upcoming introduction of her husband at the convention tonight. Aria and I get to talking about him and his family (she's very excited that he has 2 little girls and is wondering when she can go to their house and play with them) when she asks what does the president do and why does he want to be president. After my brief explanation I tell her that both Barack Obama and John McCain are trying to be our next president then ask her who she would like to win. She answers, "I want Barack Obama, not Bruce Wayne!" (I promise we did NOT let her see The Dark Knight

Azur's a big supporter and bought a lot of cookies at the bake sale for Obama!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's no surprise that your child is so smart... Kindra + John = smarty pants.

Fun story.

Finn and Tracey Family said...

Love the story and love the photo...and love the cookies!